Fresh Thoughts and Ideas : Eco Friendly Parenting and More!
Three Podcasts I Love to Listen to! June 27, 2018 02:00
Admittedly there are some phases where podcasts get more airtime in my life, and some phases where they seem to be out of fashion. That said, when there's time, here are the three I really enjoy.
Freakonomics: An old classic, Steve Levitt and Stephen Dubner run through "the hidden side of everything" looking at economic implications and explanations for a wide variety of phenomena in our everyday lives. From how to raise children to what's driving political outcomes, I am always fascinated to see how they break down an issue and share unexpected insights.
Hidden Brain: This actually has a lot of the same appeal as Freakonomics as it looks into surprising findings/research on a wide variety of societal issues. Shankar Vedantam uses a storytelling style to explore an unseen side of human behavior. I guess I have a type...
How I Built This: This podcast shares a biographical style overview of entrepreneurial stories for some of the biggest and most exciting brands out there (Patagonia, Tom's of Maine, Melissa & Doug, Stonyfield Yogurt, and many many more). The host (Guy Raz) interviews the founders and gets the ins and outs of their path to wide-ranging success. It's always intriguing to hear how these entrepreneurs found their way. One challenge is that I'm often left with questions as they skip from highlight to highlight. Keep your eyes out for the one about Ben and Jerry's. It's super interesting to hear how they built such an amazing eco-friendly brand in the face of adversity.
Would love to hear how you like these, or some of your own favorites. If you're looking for somewhere to start, I think NPR is a great source for content like this!
- Sarah, at Piperoos
Piperoos - The Perfect Baby Shower Gift July 25, 2017 07:57
Do you have a Baby Shower coming up? Not sure what to get for the new parents-to-be?
Piperoos Baby Changing Pads make the perfect baby shower gift !
- They are so useful. Perfect for on-the-go changes and also for at-home quick floor changes (or to protect the changing table), Piperoos are so very handy. Why? The 100% organic cotton is super absorbent, they are super easy to wash (machine-washable) and they are small enough to roll up or stack without taking up tons of space!
- They are really gorgeous. The packaging and the super soft flannel pads are so beautiful! Parents-to-be will fall in love with the adorable patterns of the changing pads themselves but also adore the super classy box.
- They are very versatile. Piperoos change pads are so much more than just that. They're also perfect for tummy time, for shoulder time, as an extra layer in the crib and even as a blanket!
- They are eco-friendly. Piperoos baby change pads are eco-friendly in so many ways and if your friends are environmentally conscious, they'll be so happy to learn about all the ways our company is committed to being "green".
Place your order now!
4 Inspiring Mom's to Follow on Instagram July 11, 2017 13:20
4 Inspiring Mom's to Follow on Instagram
- Shea @shamelessmama for her beautiful photos of her life with her twin girls and light-hearted way of approaching parenthood.
- Meredith @meredithtested for her commitment to being zero waste and plastic free and her posts that spark both reflection and action to be more environmentally responsible.
- Jess @thistwinlife for her amazing ideas for DIY crafts and terrific activities to do with toddlers! Also, her pics are so colorful and beautiful.
- Amy @americanmadebabybrands because of her passion for baby brands (& products) that are both made in the USA and eco-friendly!
Piperoos is on Kickstarter! July 9, 2017 07:06
We have officially launched our kickstarter campaign!!
We're looking for 4,000$ to help make our 100% organic cotton baby change pads available to new parents everywhere. We plan on using the funds to cover design costs, fabric, packaging, and other expenses as Piperoos continues to grow.
Making The World a Better Place
Choosing to be environmentally conscious in everything we do (the cotton is 100% organic, the labor will be done by local seamstresses, and the packaging is recycled and uses soy dyes), we aim to make the world a better and more beautiful place for new babies and parents too!
How Can I Show the Love (Support Piperoos)?
In exchange for your support (starting at only 10$), we'll send you a variety of gifts, including an exclusive customized 3-pack offer where you can get your changing pads with your baby's name on them. All the gifts will be shipped anywhere in the US and Canada, except, of course, the Watermelon Party (which will be held locally in Studio City, L.A.).
FYI : the campaign ends on August 1st and it's an all or nothing situation. We'll only get your pledged funding if we reach the 4000$ goal. So, share with your friends - help us get the word out and thanks for backing this project - it means the world to us!
PS you can click here to land on our Kickstarter page and show your love.