Fresh Thoughts and Ideas : Eco Friendly Parenting and More!
Piperoos - An Eco Friendly Company June 28, 2017 09:00
Here at Piperoos, we are so proud to say that we are committed to being truly eco-friendly. Exactly, how eco-friendly you may ask? Well, let us count the ways.
How eco-friendly is Piperoos ?
- The fabric for the baby changing pads is 100% organic cotton.
- The manufacturing is done locally (in Los Angeles, California).
- The packaging is made of recycled cardboard and the printing is done with low impact, soy-based ink.
- The boxes are printed in La Mirada, California, just an hour's drive from L.A.
- Whenever possible, orders of Piperoos are shipped in previously used packaging.
- Every time Piperoos is sent, an extra fee is paid to offset the carbon footprint of the shipping!
Also, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask! You can reach Cora at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah at email@example.com
You can also just check out our FAQ tab.
3 Things we Love About Pint Size Kids June 8, 2017 11:00
Do you know about Pint Size Kids?
Situated in Sherman Oaks, California, Pint Size Kids is a wonderful space for kids to play, learn and interact with other children. There are 3 things we love about this place.
- It's exciting and inviting! When you walk in for playtime, there is a general area with little roads for the Little Tikes cars to follow but also a grocery store area, a house area, a dentist area and a workshop area. Kids can play for hours with other friends and/or their own imagination.
- The space is well organized. There is space for toddlers to play, a separate space for babies to hang out, a zone for Messy Art (one of their classes), an area for snack time and even a backyard for Soccer School to happen! You don't need to be a member, but it gives you price advantages for play time and classes.
- They offer great classes. We personally love Messy Art and Soccer School but there are also music and dance classes offered. Check out the current offer here.
Spaces like Pint Size Kids are so important for creating community and helping kids learn to play and interact with other kids in a respectful way.
Do you have any spaces like these in your community?
California Baby and Angel Hair May 23, 2017 16:28
Does your little one have long but very fine (and easily tangled) hair?
Ours does. And we've been using, and LOVING, California Baby's Calming Hair De-tangler lately. It really is calming and leaves the "angel hair" smelling sweet and easy to manage. But not only is this de-tangler calming, it's also made with organic and sustainably-grown ingredients.
It's so great t to have a product that's wonderful to use but also so committed to being environmentally-friendly and sustainable. It also makes us happy to know that California Baby was founded and is run by a woman - a real inspiration for Piperoos! Click here for more info about their practices and commitment to the planet and families all over.
If you use and love California Baby too, give us a shout!
Why Whole Foods is A Favorite April 6, 2017 00:00
Whole Foods is a brand that has had my trust for many years now. I first came across them in Toronto and before even knowing some of their values, I fell in love with the fresh produce, the diverse selection, and the feel of their lovely stores. I think it may have been the cheese that really got me, or was it that tower of carrots? I can't recall.